Junior Hockey Tour - UK & Europe - Jan 2019
Only 2 spots left in our boys team available. we are taking registrations to be on the waiting list for female players and male keepers.
ALL abilities and levels in both boys and girls are more than welcome. Each team on tour will play approximately 8 matches in total against school, club and representative teams. 2 x girls and 1 x boys teams will tour together. Supporters in the form of parents are also most welcome to tour with us, but places are strictly limited...
Some of the highlights of the tour are:
- England - visits to London, regional England, Windsor Castle, Warwick Castle, the Cotswolds, as well as having the chance to see an English Premier League or FA Cup soccer match live !
- Holland - Amsterdam, Cheese, Tulips, Windmills, Anne Frank, and superb hockey, where we play against clubs with over 2000 players !
- Belgium - Antwerp - be hosted by great people and some of the best hockey clubs in Europe
- France - The Somme and the World War One Battlefields where the ANZACS featured nearly a century ago, Paris, the Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysee, Notre Dame and the Louvre ! As well as the chance to spend a few nights living with a French family from a local club in Paris !
The tour will last for approx 3 weeks in the Jan 2019 school holidays and is accompanied by experienced team management who supervise the junior players closely throughout. Most coaches are level 2 and 3 qualified and have coached at a high level and have vast experience in supervising school aged students away from home, and have a teaching background. State level coaches will be taking the tour away from across Australia.
Most players are the only player from their school or club or even association, so do not be intimidated or put off touring because you do not know anyone else who has registered. In fact nearly every player is in the same situation. On previous tours, we had individual players from as far north as Cairns, to as far south as Hobart as far west as Kalgoorlie and Perth, as well as Alice Springs and Darwin in the north, and everywhere in between !
The object of the tour is to meet new people from all over Australia within your team, meet new people in the countries that you visit, see the world, and of course improve as a player by receiving expert coaching and by playing against different styles of hockey you cannot experience at home.
The tour cost includes:
- Return economy airfare ex most mainland capital cities
- All internal travel within Europe, including luxury coach hire with professional driver, DVD & TV, air conditioning and huge windows to get the best views !
- Accommodation consisting of a combination of hotels and hosting with families of the clubs and schools we play
- Breakfast daily
- Some dinners (usually over half of your dinners are included)
- Most sightseeing
- Guided tours of London, Holland, Paris and the world war one battlefields in northern France
- Comprehensive travel insurance to cover you in the case of illness, injury or misadventure
- THE GREATEST HOCKEY EXPERIENCE OF YOUR LIFE !!!
The tour is paid off via installments over the year and is open to ANY player of ANY ability ages turning 13/14 to 18 in 2018 .
Players will then be placed in a team according to their age and level and teams will be matched against European teams of a similar level.
There will be no tryouts or selections for this tour. Tour places are filled on a first come first in basis.
For more information, please complete our registration form on our contact us page or give us a call on 02 42 67 1400