Our first tour will be departing April 2019, (with additional tours planned ) and will last for 14 days in total. The tour will be led by experienced tour leaders from Wanderers Australia with years of knowledge in leading groups to all corners of the globe. Teachers will accompany their students on the tour as Wanderers Australia "Team Leaders" Teaching staff are only expected to recruit a minimum of 8 students for the tour.
Students will learn about conservation, leadership, human rights, and have their lives enriched by the experience by the people and animals they interact with..... newly learned life skills which they can then apply to their school life upon their return.
The tour cost will include:
- International flights ex Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth as well as Internal flights within South Africa.
- All accommodation in Johannesburg and Cape Town with breakfast daily.
- Internal transfers with Luxury coach between airports and sightseeing activities included in the tour.
- An exclusive visit to the Kevin Richardson's Wildlife Sanctuary with lunch and an additional afternoon game drive on a private game reserve nearby.
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Guided tour of Robben Island in Cape Town and an evening talk by Nelson Mandela's former prison warden who became his friend.
- Safari in Kruger National Park with accommodation and park entry included and 3 safari game drives.
Tour costs will vary depending on departure date and flight seasons.
Some of the highlights of the tour are listed below....
The financial powerhouse of Africa, you will commence your tour in this interesting city.
You will visit The Apartheid Museum and Nelson Mandela's house in Soweto and learn about South Africa's turbulent history,. You will also visit the Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory, which was Mandela's office after he retired from the presidency.
You will also enjoy the new South Africa.....with its fantastic food and shopping, as well as our visit to the Lion Whisperer and a private game reserve to see the " Big 5".
Safari in Kruger National PArk
Almost the size in area as England, you will go on safari in Kruger National park where you will encounter prides of wild lions, herds of majestic elephants, giraffes, zebra, wildebeest, Rhinos, hippos, buffalo, hyenas, Baboons, Monkeys, Leopard, Impala, Kudu, Crocodiles, bird-life and a host of other animals in the wild.
One of the most picturesque and naturally beautiful cities in the world, you will be based for a number of days here. Head to the top of Table Mountain, explore the Southern most tip of the African Continent at the Cape of Good Hope, visit a penguin colony, and possibly face your fears cage diving with great white sharks !
One of the highlights will be a tour to Robben Island where you will see where Nelson Mandela and other political prisoners endured their captivity, and be guided by a former political prisoner of the Island. You will also have a talk with Nelson Mandela's personal prison warden when held at Robben Island, and up until his freedom.
For more information on costs, payments, dates, and tour availability, please head to our contact page and register your interest by completing your details. We will then be in touch with all the information on the tour.
We hope to see you in South Africa being inspired in 2019 !